Saturday, April 21, 2007

Working Mom / Stay at Home Dad


The title describes our current situation as Jared takes the next month off to bond with baby Drew and I head back to work. How lucky are we?? Jared describes last week as enjoyable yet demanding! My week was miserable in the morning and crazy fun in the afternoon (I worked half days...in the morning!)

Funny I always thought of myself as a "working mom" without a doubt....and I am....however the transition is much harder than I could have ever imagined. Of course I don't worry about Andrew being taken care of...I just miss him more than I can describe. I still love my job and have worked very hard since graduating to get where I am. But right now there is no where I would rather be than with my son. I guess this is what everyone means when they say mothers are torn between two worlds!!


~~Becky (Andrew's Mom)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Jared...Are you breastfeeding also?

Heather said...

Just FYI...the previous comment was courtesy of Buck...

Hope you are getting back into the swing of things at work...I know it must be hard to leave your baby at home!